Saturday, April 16

Ideas in the night...

I really am trying to focus on ONE book. Just one. One novel.

But it's strange how ideas work. At least in my brain, maybe you are like this too? I don't know. I'd like to know I am not the only crazy person out there . . .

Anyway, I spent all day yesterday mapping out my Sci/Fi idea, my 'too close to our world for comfort' idea. Fleshing out the characters, smoothing out the plot points and just exploring the possibilities. I've very deliberately pushed out any thoughts of other books, well except for posting about Philippa - I had to do that.

So what happens this morning?

A WHOLE NEW BOOK IDEA COMES STORMING INTO MY BRAIN!

I've got the whole plot, the characters, the conflict, the twists and turns, the 'sock-it-to-you' ending too.

I think it's going to have to be a short story.I took fifteen minutes and sketched it out. I can do it as a short story and still work on my novel, right? Then, later, I can flesh it out into a full-length novel. Oh, but it's so juicy!!

What is it about my brain that when the pressure is on, for some reason, my thoughts skitter out and off. A lot like squishing a juicy peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Put the pressure on and the guts squoosh out the sides.

What do you think of ...Ender's Game meets The Truman Show with a girl protagonist?

No comments:

Post a Comment